For more information about PCOM's Physician Assistant Studies Program, click here.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Awaiting Next Term


             Last week our class met with the class above us to discuss upcoming rotations.  Each student in our class was paired with an upper-classman with the same rotation.  The upper class was helpful in explaining what to expect, how to study, what books we will get, and what to expect from certain preceptors and the areas we will be working in.  It is always nice to bond with the upper class.  I am not sure if this happens in all programs but in my experience, the seniors have been beyond helpful.  I have never felt like I am bothering them with questions.  They seem to welcome questions and enjoy giving advice. 
            With rotations on the brain and as this term comes to a close (next Thursday), it is hard to not think about next term.  Next term is our LAST term of the didactic phase.  After that, rotations!  It is scary to think how time flew and all we have accomplished thus far in this program.  As a matter of fact, PCOM is beginning to prepare for the incoming PA class orientation in June.   Already I have been receiving e-mails from incoming students asking what to expect, what books to buy, etc.  I love getting these because I know that when I was in their position I was feeling an overall sense of panic as well.  It’s only natural.  I am sure this is the same feeling the seniors have toward my class, they only want to help and “pay it forward” as you will. 
            As much as I am looking forward to the last term, there is a lot to still do for this current one. We have finals next week and all of us are pretty worn out.  Just to give you a preview: this morning I poured coffee into my cereal bowl and cereal into my coffee mug.  I would be lying if I said this was the first time something like this has happened.  I have even put peanut butter in the freezer.  Being tired seems like the norm now-a-days, BUT I know it is all for a purpose and, at least I know I am not alone.  I have my friends, family, classmates, teachers and upper classmen to push me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment